Thursday, April 18, 2013

Review: History of Whoo Qi & Jin Eye Cream (anti-wrinkle)




It's almost been a month since my last post. School has been getting busy lately and my face has been getting hypersensitive, which I'm assuming is triggered by hay fever. As a result, I get little red bumps to everything I put on my face. So I won't be trying any samples on my face until this is gone. Meanwhile, I have my first higher end eye cream...sample. According to my blog, I've tried 10 eye creams so far, and while Skinfood Salmon Brightening Eye Cream has helped with my dark circles, nothing has really helped the fine lines under my eyes. The exception is with my most recent sample, The Face Shop Smim Fermentation Concentrate Eye Cream, but I bought this eye sample around the same time I bought The Face Shop's.

Description (from choimarket.com):
  • Qi & Jin Eye Cream firms skins around eyes causing wrinkles faster by thin skin layer. Qi & Jin Eye Cream solve the problem of wrinkles around eyes with excellent wrinkle improvement function ingredients.
  • Containing “Gonjinbidan” and “Wild ginseng Cordyceps sinensis”. Gongjinyang helps create a more attractive skin tone. Through the principle of increasing  water and diminishing fire to enhance moisture within the skin while soothing it effectively, it gives skin a new radiance and smoothness
My impression:

This eye cream is around 100USD for 20ml on eBay. Considering I've only been trying 30-40USD eye creams so far, I had high expectations for this cream. I did see an improvement in my wrinkles. It definitely only works on the aging aspects, however, as it did nothing to the puffiness under my eyes. I was using The Face Shop Smim Fermentation Concentrate Eye Cream (which has depuffing function) right before I started using this and noticed the puffiness coming back soon enough.

However, I didn't see as dramatic an effect in the disappearance of my fine lines as The Face Shop Smim Fermentation Concentrate Eye Cream. If The Face Shop was 95% then I would say this took away 70-75% of my fine lines. This cream does give me more consistent results than The Face Shop, in that I saw the fine lines under my eyes gradually get less and less prominent, as if it was slowly permanently changing the age of my under eye. If I forgot to use it for a day, it won't suddenly revert back to the fine lines I had before using this cream.

Having said that, this cream wasn't moisturizing enough for me even for day use. When I put my Skinfood Salmon Dark Circle Concealer Cream on top, the dark lines and creases under my eyes start getting more prominent in the afternoon. Perhaps that's also why the fine lines didn't disappear as dramatically as The Face Shop Smim Fermentation Concentrate Eye Cream?

Summary:

Decreased the appearance of fine lines (around 70%)
Does nothing else (no depuffing, no brightening of dark circles, no firming of eye area)
Not moisturizing enough for day use for me
$103 for 20ml on eBay

Grade: 4/5 because my fine lines decreased ~70% and results were more consistent and permanent than The Face Shop's

Value: 3/5 because it only does one thing, doesn't do it completely and costs $103 for 20ml

Repurchase? Maybe the samples.. I may alternate it with The Face Shop

8 comments:

  1. Thanks for the review dear ^.^
    I really like this product (;
    i followed, hope you follow back (;
    i'm having a giveaway on my blog , if you want to check it out ^.^ :
    http://nhilovesbeauty.blogspot.com/2013/04/first-impression-giveaway-lioele.html

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for your comment! Glad to know that you like it too! :D

      Delete
  2. Hey :)
    Thanks for the review^^
    I wanted to check your The Face Shop Smim Fermentation Concentrate Eye Cream review too but the link is gone :/ Can I ask why did you delete it? Is it not good after all? I have a few wrinkles under my eyes and i'm trying to find a good cream, and since most creams are really expensive i'm trying to read as many reviews as possible :D and what you say here about it sounds promising. Unfortunately there are no samples on ebay atm, but gonna keep my eyes open for them :D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hey! No I haven't deleted but I reverted it as draft. Long story short there may have been something lost in translation and I didn't want to mislead people. I will get to it as soon as I can with a proper explanation :)

      Delete
    2. Oh I see, thanks for the heads up! Will keep an eye on your blog and read it when you re-post it^^
      Because I tried the Secret Key snail eye cream and it didn't really works for me so I need sth else :(

      Delete
    3. Thanks for your patience! Yeah I've been tempted to try snail eye creams too but so far from what I read the reviews aren't very good.

      Delete
  3. Hai dear, thanks for this review ^^
    By the way, would you recommend me between qi jin and jinyul to the problem of dark circles and little wrinkles?
    I'm 23th years old..
    Thank you :)
    Thank you ^^

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hello there^^
      I would recommend the jinyul eye cream for little wrinkles. I would not recommend either for the problem of dark circles. For dark circles, I've found that Sulwhasoo Essential Rejuvenating Eye Cream works. I've written a review about it here: http://madaboutmyskin.blogspot.ca/2013/06/review-sulwhasoo-essential-rejuvenating.html
      Hope that helps!

      Delete