Friday, August 8, 2014

Review: Innisfree Apple Juicy Lip & Eye Remover


I've been using Skinfood Milk Shake Point Make-up Remover to remove my eye make-up when I wear glasses for the past few years. So basically just the concealer to cover my black circles and the black eyeliner. It's inexpensive, doesn't sting my eyes and removes it well. But now I'm on holidays (although it's ending in 2 days...sigh), I tend to put on Freshlook Illuminate Contact Lenses (because they're expiring soon...*grumble*) instead of glasses and put on more make-up on my eyes (basically just the Koji Dolly Wink Mascara). And I've started to notice that it takes a few more wipes to get all the mascara off my eyes, to the point where I have to tug around my eyelashes a bit and my eyelid gets a bit red and swollen the next day. So I did some research and decided to buy this when I got to Seoul.

Description (from the bottle):
  • Enriched with apple extract, this line offers softness and healthy radiance to your skin like a freshly washed apple
  • This lip & eye remover rapidly and effectively removes long-wearing point makeup
  • Shake well to activate the formula and pour adequate amount onto cotton pad and then place over eye or lip area to dissolve and remove makeup.
My impression:

There is an emulsion (creamy) type of this one as well, but since it was more expensive and I'm used to using these water oil partition makeup removers anyway I only bought this one. Wow, this makeup remover is MUCH better. I basically dab the remover on the cotton pad 3-4 times, close my eyes, put it on my eyes particularly on my eyelashes, wiggle the cotton pad around a bit to maximize surface area with the cotton pad and my eyelashes, then wipe off. The mascara is 80% off from the first swipe. It's completely gone from the second swipe.

With Skinfood Milk Shake Point Make-up Remover I needed at least 3 swipes, sometimes 4 before it's completely gone or I stop because I can see my eyelids about to get red and swollen again from me trying to rub the mascara off my eyelashes too hard.

There's no blurry eyes with this, but my eyes do get a bit irritated if I'm not careful and my eyes are not fully shut with this eye. But I think even with this I still prefer this one over the Skinfood Milk Shake Point Make-up Remover when I have mascara on just because I don't really like my eyelashes getting red and a bit swollen for the next day. I get some skin rubbing off too.. just not good!

But for days when I'm just wearing concealer and eyeliner, Skinfood Milk Shake Point Make-up Remover works just fine with one swipe so I'll keep using it for that. But for people who put more makeup on or have found that Skinfood Milk Shake Point Make-up Remover is just not enough, I recommend you give this one a try.

Summary:

Removes mascara much better than Skinfood Milk Shake Point Make-up Remover
Eyes do get irritated if not careful and aren't fully shut
$10 for 100ml at w2beauty.com

Quality: 4.5/5 because it removes makeup quite well. Minus 0.5 for the irritation if my eyes aren't completely shut

Value: 4.5/5 because it's not as cheap as Skinfood Milk Shake Point Make-up Remover but you definitely need less of it because it works better!

Repurchase? Yup, bought an extra bottle from Seoul to bring back home :)

No comments:

Post a Comment