Sunday, November 9, 2014

Review: Belif Anti-Dark Circle Eye Serum


The second product that I bought from Belif back when I was first introduced to this brand when I was in Korea this summer. Those who have been following my blog will know that my dark eye circles are the bane of my existence. I am willing to travel far and wide to find an eye cream that will get rid of my dark eye circles. So far, the most effective for me has been Sulwhasoo Essential Rejuvenating Eye Cream, but you can definitely still see my prominent dark circles so I'm always on the lookout for dark circle eye creams.

Description (from their official pamphlet):
  • This eye serum effectively brightens the eye area while diminishing the appearance of dark circles
  • Tested and proven to ease dark circles, the eye serum is formulated with Napier's Dark Circle Formula backed by 150 years of tradition, containing red sage, gallant and other special herbs
  • After gently massaging the area around the eye, apply a small amount and spread it in a circular motion using the tip of the ring finger
My impression:

For those who are unfamiliar with Belif (like I was), this is a little blurb from their official pamphlet that contains information on all their products from each product line:

Belif is a "true herbal cosmetic" brand, delivering the highest value and quality based on processes and philosophy created by a UK herbalist, Duncan Napier, 150 years ago. Belief, inheriting Scottish herbalist Duncan Napier's 150 year old philosophy, has developed tailored products for today's skin concerns. Belief uses only essential ingredients, lists them all honestly and does not use flashy packaging. 

Kind of reminds me of the Benton cosmetic line concept, using simple packaging and minimizing harmful extraneous substances.

I've been using this eye cream since coming back from Korea at the end of July, so it's been awhile now. This is probably why the tube looks so warped in the photo, because I'm halfway if not past halfway with the product. For the first 3-4 weeks I've used this eye cream alone, and after that I used it with Sulwhasoo Essential Rejuvenating Eye Cream that I use in my Night Skincare Routine.

I honestly didn't feel that it did much for my dark circles. That's why after 3-4 weeks I added back Sulwhasoo Essential Rejuvenating Eye Cream because I couldn't stand my dark circles getting darker and darker. I also have some fine lines under my eye so I'm always seeing if the eye creams I try are moisturizing enough. I think it removed 50% of those fine lines? As in they looked 50% as serious. So definitely not as good as The Face Shop Smim Fermentation Concentrate Eye Cream (which I also use in my Night Skincare Routine) in this area.

Also, this serum is quite thick. I feel it's more like a cream than a serum. I feel like I'm tugging the skin under my eye every time I'm applying this cream. Definitely not good as I have puffy eye bags already! Because it's so thick, it dries easily so it's hard to spread my Skinfood Salmon Dark Circle Concealer Cream on top without once again tugging my skin.

I feel like I'm giving Belif a bad name. My first two reviews from this line are both bad. But in their defence, I'm trying the other 3 products from Belif right now and they're better. Just need a bit more time before I make an official review.

Summary:

Not as effective as Sulwhasoo Essential Rejuvenating Eye Cream for minimizing dark circles
Not very moisturizing
Thick in texture (more like cream than serum), feels like tugging on skin and hard to spread concealer on top
$43 for 20ml on amazon.com

Quality: 2.5/5 because it's effective as an eye cream but I don't feel it did much for my dark circles

Value: 3.5/5 because it's more expensive than your Etude House/Skinfood brand eye creams

Repurchase? No

No comments:

Post a Comment