Sunday, May 17, 2015

Review: Belif Creamy Cleansing Foam Moist


I got this complimentary sample last summer in Seoul when I bought my first batch of Belif products to try at the Lotte Department Store. I just finished reviewing Innisfree Jeju Volcanic Pore Cleansing Foam and once I decided to throw that cleanser down the drain (well, I'm going to use it as my body soap from now on) I started using this one. To be honest, I wasn't expecting much because most foaming cleaners I've tried so far work well, but nothing really stood out except Skinfood Egg White Pore Form in that it visibly decreased my pore size. However, I was happily surprised with this product.

Description (from belifcosmetic.com):
  • This cleansing foam contains natural cleansing and moisturizing ingredients, suitable for normal to combination and dry skin types. 
  • Gentle foaming action allows softly wash away impurities from your skin. 
  • Soapwort rich in vitamin C and Wormwood in the cleanser foam remove toxins and clean skin without over-drying.
  • No addition of Mineral oil, Synthetic fragrance, Synthetic dyes, Synthetic preservatives, Animal-origin ingredients.
  • Take a penny-sized amount of the product in your palm, and lather it with water. Massage gently and thoroughly over face, and rinse with lukewarm water.
My impression:

I use this cleanser once daily in the morning. Sometimes with my Clarisonic Mia 2, sometimes just by itself if I'm in a hurry. I'm quite impressed with this cleanser. After using it for a week, I can see an evident decrease in my pore size. I also see a decease in both the number and size of my comedones that I got from Innisfree Jeju Volcanic Pore Cleansing Foam and just stress in general.

In addition, my face doesn't feel like its because stripped of moisture, which holds true to this cleanser's claim that it is a "moist" foam cleanser. It didn't give me as much of a refreshed clean feeling as I get with some other cleansers, but who cares about that when I can actually see results! The size of my pores have never been so consistently small since using Skinfood Egg White Pore Foam. And I only use this once daily in probably less than a penny sized amount.

So far I've tried using Skinfood Egg White Pore FoamEtude House Baking Powder Cleansing Foam Moist and Innisfree Jeju Volcanic Pore Cleansing Foam as my foam cleansers. I would say Skinfood Egg White Pore Foam has been the most effective at doing what it claims to, and that is cleaning my pores and reducing its size. The only thing I didn't really like about it was that it left a residue on my face and you had to spend extra time cleaning it to get that residue off your face. Luckily, Belif's cleanser reduces my pore size to the same effect as Skinfood Egg White Pore Foam but it doesn't leave any kind of residue on my face!

It's actually quite hard to find Korean online shops carrying Belif. But interestingly enough Sephora carries Belif! So I just bought a full sized version of this from Sephora :) A bit expensive at $32.. but a little goes a long way.

Summary:

Reduced my pores as effectively as Skinfood Egg White Pore Foam
Does not leave any residue on my face unlike Skinfood Egg White Pore Foam!
Cleans well, does not strip moisture off my face
$32 for 160ml at sephora.com

Quality: 5/5 because it consistently reduces my pore size and I only use it once a day!
Value: 4/5 because it's pretty expensive at $32 compared to your other Korean brand cleaners

Repurchase? I just bought a full sized version of this from sephora!

No comments:

Post a Comment