Monday, May 11, 2015

Review: Benton Snail Bee High Content Mask Pack


I finally have the motivation to try this line out. In general, I'm a bit lazy to use masks. But I suffered from a huge cold last month and my face was so dry. My nose looked horrible with dry flaky skin from blowing my nose too much. So I decided to use this for some intensive restorative and moisturizing therapy.

Description (from the package itself):
  • Snail bee high content mask pack is for all types of skin including sensitive
  • Instead of water, the product uses Camellia Sinensis Leaf Water
  • Snail secretion filtrate, bee venom and EGF cleanse your rough and damaged skin from various stresses and pollution
  • In addition to skin soothing, moisture supply and skin tone improvement functions, arbutin and adenosine contents of the product help you whiten your skin and remove wrinkles
My impression:

So let's use the same breakdown that I like to use when I review masks.

Effectiveness: It did wonders in the moisturizing department. I was suffering from a cold right before I started using these masks. My nose was all dried and cracked with flaky skin from blowing my nose too often. My face was in rough shape because it was so dry. It had bits of dry flaky skin scattered on random parts of my face. I start using these masks around every 2 days (a bit more often than what masks are usually for but I needed the intense therapy for my dry face) and by the 3rd mask my dry nose was pretty much gone. I also agree that it soothes my skin and improves my skin tone because it took away the red dryness and my face looked a lot calmer and smoother.

I disagree with the claim that it whitens. I know it has arbutin and in the ingredients list, arbutin is actually the 4th ingredient (and ingredients are listed in order of largest amount to least). I've had great success with Hadalabo Arbutin Whitening Mask which uses arbutin, but this mask did nothing for me in the whitening department. In fact, my skin tone reverted back to its usual unhealthy tan; as if I didn't sleep for 36 hours.

As for wrinkles, I don't have wrinkles yet so I can't say if it removes them. My guess is that the moisturizing effect helps prevent wrinkles.

Adherence: This was a cotton mask soaked in essence. I didn't have any problems with it adhering to my face.

Absorption: I think my face absorbed the mask pretty well, especially in parts that were driest like my nose. There was actually tons of essence left. It was a bit impossible to use it all on my face. I could put some on my neck and even arms.

I think this mask is great for a short, intensive restorative moisturizing therapy of your face. It soothes your skin, evens skin tones and moisturizes it big time. The effects are more permanent and more apparent than most of the other masks I've tried. I can't use this long term though because it doesn't whiten or brighten, and my face ends up looking very dark yellow and unhealthy. But I will definitely be using it when my face needs a little "boost," especially in the moisture department.

Summary:
Moisturizes, soothes skin, improves skin tone
Doesn't whiten
Effects more long-lasting and more apparent than most other masks
$15-18 for 10 masks at amazon.com

Quality: 4/5 because except for whitening, it did everything it claimed and to a higher degree than most other masks

Value: 5/5 because it's super, super, super cheap for a face mask that actually so many active ingredients in it (snail, bee venom, EGF, arbutin)

Repurchase? Yes, it won't be a regular mask for me, but more of an intensive 10 day treatment to restore my face back to what it used to be if I have a cold, final exams etc.

No comments:

Post a Comment