Monday, July 14, 2014

Review: Missha Super Aqua Cell Renew Snail Hydro-Gel Mask


I bought this mask during my first trip to Korea at the duty free in Incheon because I wanted to use up all my won. Those who read my blog will know how I rave about Missha Super Aqua Cell Renew Snail Sleeping Mask, which I use in my Night Skincare Routine, and Missha Super Aqua Cell Renew Snail Cream, which I use in my Morning Skincare Routine. Needless to say I was expecting great things from this mask...

Description (from the mask package):
  • Snail slime extract (5%) and Baobab tree extract reconstruct skin network, activate hydration storage of skin and relieve dryness
  • It provides new beauty solution to troubled skin with irritation to be calm and healthy
  • Separate sheets maximize adherence and active ingredients are melted at skin temperature to be absorbed immediately to act quickly and deeply on skin
  • After washing the face, prepare the skin with toner. Remove films from both sides of sheets after opening the pouch. Spread evenly the upper part from the eyes and the lower part from the lips. Leave on for 20-40 minutes and remove mask. Pat leftover essence lightly to be fully absorbed.
My impression:

Whenever I review a mask I have a little criteria. First is, of course, effectiveness. Second is whether or not it can stick on my face and feel comfortable (or even better, I don't feel it being on my face after awhile). This is because I don't have the patience nor the time to sit there for 25-30 minutes. I need to be doing something while I put on this mask and if I need to fix it every minute because it's falling off my face then that's an instant fail. Third is whether or not it absorbs. If I don't feel a difference in the wetness of the sheet mask after 30 minutes.. then there is a problem with the compatibility of the mask with my face.

I used this mask for 5 days straight. In terms of effectiveness, it did moisturize but that's about it. It didn't brighten like the Missha Super Aqua Cell Renew Snail Sleeping Mask or the Missha Super Aqua Cell Renew Snail Cream from the same line did. In fact my face looked really bad the next morning (for those who read my blog, yes, that unhealthy jaundiced tan again). It also did not calm my skin like it claimed. When I was sliding my cotton pad with the Etude House Wonder Pore Freshner toner, it wasn't smooth like it was after using The Saem Chaga Liposome Biocellulose Sheet last week.

If we were to compare snail masks, I thought The Saem Cell Renew Snail + EGF + Syn-Ake Mask did a much better job at brightening and improving my skin texture. Granted it also has EGF and Syn-Ake...

The mask is divided into two, which I usually like because that gives more flexibility for the mask to conform to the shape of my face. But I actually didn't like this mask's shape/texture. It was very smooth so it kept falling down along my face. It didn't fall off or anything but it wasn't as comfortable as the texture of The Saem Chaga White Liposome Biocellulose Sheet or The Saem Cell Renew Snail + EGF + Syn-Ake Mask.

It did get absorbed, but because of its super smooth texture there were certain parts where the mask would come off my face and coalesce together. So those parts went to waste.

I won't buy this mask again because it really didn't do much. Maybe it's because it only contains 5% snail extract, whereas the Missha Super Aqua Cell Renew Snail Sleeping Mask contains 15% and Missha Super Aqua Cell Renew Snail Cream contains 70%.

Summary:

Moisturized well but that's it
Did not improve my skin texture, did not brighten
Likes to fall down on face, not the most comfortable fit for a mask
$6 a mask on eBay!! Yikes...I forgot how much I paid at the airport but I certainly hope it wasn't this price!

Quality: 2/5 because it only does moisturizes

Value: 0/5 because it's $6 per mask!

Repurchase? Never!

No comments:

Post a Comment