Friday, November 30, 2012

Review: Missha Super Aqua Oxygen Micro Essence Peeling Gel



Finally got a sample of this! Ever since I bought Missha Super Aqua Detox Peeling Gel, I've been meaning to try this one to compare. At first I was planning to buy some samples to try but luckily I got one for free.

Description (from misshaus.com):
  • An essence peeling gel made with micro peeling technology that produces micro oxygen particle that penetrates deeply into skin to eliminate dead skin cells without scrubbing and provide nutrition to the deepest layer of skin.
  • Responding to current skin's temperature and condition, it creates appropriate amount of oxygen bubbles that peel off dead skin cells and impurities deep inside the pore
  • Promites skin's turn over and revitalizes dull skin condition
  • Contains water-soluble emollient such as hyaluronic acid more than 30% in content, it calms and nourishes skin
  • You can experience a professional peeling system and oxygen mask effect with just one product
  • Apply onto dry skin, oxygen particle takes off the impurities deep inside the pore, 2~5 minutes later, visible peeling effect
My impression:

The instructions are half photos half text so that may be why the sentence seems a bit truncated. What I did was basically put it on after washing my face, let it bubble, let the bubbles go away then rub my skin. The instructions seem to say that dead skin will peel off automatically from the bubbling effect, but after the bubbles went away, I was left with shiny skin... so I had to massage my skin in order to get the dead skin off.

It's pretty much the same consistency as the Missha Super Aqua Detox Peeling Gel, but the whole process takes awhile longer since you need to wait for it to bubble and then wait again for the bubbles to disappear. For those who have used The Saem Gem Miracle Black Pearl Oxygen Bubble Mask, which also uses the same bubble technology (sorry for my lack of terminology), the Missha mask doesn't foam quite as fast and as much. With The Saem, it bubbled pretty much instantly after applying it and it bubbled around my nose so much it started blocking my nostrils. But with this one, I already finished putting it around my whole face and I still couldn't see any bubbles. And the bubbles didn't foam up as big as The Saem.

I'm going to first talk about its effects in general, then I'm going to talk about how it compares to Missha Super Aqua Detox Peeling Gel. In general, it does what it claims, it peeled off my dead skin cells and does so leaving my skin smooth and moisturized. It says "without scrubbing" in the description but technically I had to rub my face to get the dead skin cells out. I couldn't have gotten that much out if I just massaged gently. I felt that this peeling gel was very similar to Skinfood Royal Honey Mask (also a peeling mask), both in terms of the moisture level it left on my face after using it, and also the amount of "force" I had to use to rub/massage my face. My face was slightly brighter, though I wouldn't really say it was noticeable unless you try and look for it.

As for how it compares with Missha Super Aqua Detox Peeling Gel, I found it very similar in terms of effectiveness, smoothness of skin, moisture level and brightness. The only difference is that I think my face gets more red and my pores may be a bit larger after I finish using Missha Super Aqua Detox Peeling Gel, but the former (and maybe the latter) is just my own fault for using too much force.

So overall, not too impressed! A bit disappointed since I read some good reviews about it, but oh well.

Summary:

Takes more time because you have to wait for the bubbles
Very similar in effectiveness to Missha Super Aqua Detox Peeling Gel and Skinfood Royal Honey Mask
$17 for 100g on eBay

Grade: 3.5/5 because similar effectiveness to Missha Super Aqua Detox Peeling Gel and Skinfood Royal Honey Mask

Value: 3/5 because it's more expensive with the same effectiveness

Repurchase? Nope, not gonna buy something more pricey!

No comments:

Post a Comment