Saturday, October 6, 2012

Review: Skinfood Gold Caviar Collagen Serum



I bought this after trying out a sample. Apparently you need to start including anti-wrinkle products in your skincare regimen when you're 25 because prevention is easier than cure. Well I'm getting there soon so I thought I'd start now. However, I do have combination skin so I used a sample first just to make sure I wasn't allergic or broke out the next morning.


Description (taken from eng.theskinfood.com):
  • A collagen-enriched serum with Russian caviar extract, pure gold particles, and collagen extract that fill up loose, deflated skin for a firmer, tighter complexion. (Cosmeceutical for wrinkle care )
  • After toner application, dispense an ample amount into your palm. Smooth on the face in gentle rolling motions.
My impression:

I've been using this for a little over a month now, usually every other day and sometimes every day. I focused this serum onto my forehead because that's the only place where I can visibly see fine lines on my face right now. I use this at night, after washing my face with Skinfood Black Sugar Scrub Foam and using Etude House Wonder Pore Freshner toner.

This is quite oily, which is expected since it's anti-aging. However, it's not the same rich, clogging pores oiliness that you would usually feel with oily products like the Skinfood Platinum Grape Cell Essence. It actually felt quite light after 10 minutes of absorption and gives a slightly matte feel to my face. I didn't break out of this either, even when I put the Missha Super Aqua Cell Renew Sleeping Mask on top of the serum right before I sleep.

Sadly, I didn't see much of an improvement on the fine lines on my forehead. I'll still keep using it and if I see some results I'll report back. But I haven't seen any difference in my fine lines, nevermind the disappearance of them.

[Edit Feb. 4 2013]: For those who are interested in collagen creams, I just tried It's Skin Power 10 Formula CO Effector with Phyto Collagen and it has given me impressive results. It's hydrating but also helps brighten my skin making it vibrant the next day. Maybe worth a try if you can get a sample somewhere!

Summary:

No breakouts, allergic reactions, etc.
No difference on the fine lines on my forehead
$27 for 45ml on eBay

Grade: 1/5 because it didn't reduce any of my fine lines but it's moisturizing and didn't break me out

Value: 1/5 because it's $27 for something that doesn't work on my wrinkles and only moisturizes

Repurchase? No, I think I'm going to try to buy the full size version of Skinfood Platinum Grape Cell Essence since I got some good results from that one-time sample.

No comments:

Post a Comment