Saturday, October 20, 2012

Review: Black Raspberry Eye Cream (wrinkle care)




Another post on my never ending quest to find a suitable eye cream. Previously, the top concern for my eyes were my under eye circles, which Skinfood Salmon Brightening Eye Cream has helped a lot and is continuing to help. However, I'm going to be 25 years old next year and I can already see fine lines under my eyes. So I thought it was time to put an anti-wrinkle eye cream into my regimen. I've previously tried Skinfood Royal Honey Eye Cream, which did nothing for me, Skinfood Gold Caviar Double Collagen Eye Serum, which was so-so for the fine lines under my eyes but pretty good for the firming of my under eye area, and Skinfood Platinum Grape Cell Eye Cream, which was so-so for the fine lines also but didn't firm my under eye area.

Description (taken from eng.theskinfood.com):
  • This herbal medicinal anti-wrinkle eye cream contains black raspberry extract, and jayangboeumdan (滋養補陰丹) and cheongyeondan (淸連丹) extracted from 12 kinds of oriental medicinal herbs that have traditionally been used by women to treat rough, dry skin. 
  • It provides deep moisturization to skin in eye areas. Anti-wrinkle adenosine adds resilience to skin, keeping it healthy-looking.
  • After toner, apply desired amount and press gently to absorb.
My impression:

This is the most disappointing anti-aging eye cream from Skinfood for me so far. Let's go over each of Skinfood's claims for this eye cream.

Deep moisturizing to skin in eye areas: Yes, I found it moisturizing, but less moisturizing than Skinfood Platinum Grape Cell Eye Cream. It was more moisturizing than Skinfood Salmon Brightening Eye Cream.. but that eye cream isn't for anti-aging. But I'd still pass it for the moisturizing part.

Anti-wrinkle: It may have helped a tiny bit, but to be honest I noticed no difference. It was less than Skinfood Gold Caviar Double Collagen Eye Serum and less than Skinfood Platinum Grape Cell Eye Cream.

Resilience: Absolutely nonexistent. If anything, Skinfood Gold Caviar Double Collagen Eye Serum did a much better job at adding resilience to my under eyes. I actually have noticed that my under eyes are losing their firmness ever since I stopped using Skinfood Gold Caviar Double Collagen Eye Serum and went on to try other eye creams.

Now, the biggest thing that put me off about the cream is the smell. I know there are herbal ingredients in this cream and some have said it smells herbal, but I don't agree. Some have said it smells like pesticide, which I don't agree either. If I had to describe it, I would say it smells like something you shouldn't be putting onto your eyes. It definitely doesn't smell nice, and unfortunately, the smell lingers unlike the usual Skinfood products. I can still smell it after 30 minutes of putting it on. And I'm just putting it on my under eye area!

I usually use all my samples to give products another chance but I'm not so sure if I can do the same for this one. One sample lasted me around a week with nightly application.

I think I'm going to take a break from Skinfood eye creams. I still have another one to try out but I'm gonna try out IOPE's first since I bought a sample of that recently.



Summary:

Awful, just awful, smell
Did nothing to the resilience of my eyes, barely anything for my fine lines
$18 for 25g on eBay

Grade: 1/5 because it does nothing other than moisturize and the awful smell making me wonder exactly what I'm putting on my face

Value: 2/5 because it's one of the cheaper Skinfood eye creams I've tried. Well, you get what you pay for.

Repurchase? No way

No comments:

Post a Comment