Sunday, October 14, 2012

Review: Etude House Drawing Eye Brow Pencil #1 Black Brown


One of my very few makeup posts. I used to use Clarins retractable eye brow liner in lightest brown. I only like retractable ones because I'm too lazy to sharpen. I'm almost out and I decided to browse the Clarins site only to find that the retractable eye brow liner isn't available anymore. Plus, I wanted to give Korea brands a try, since they were so much cheaper.

Description (taken from eBay.com):
  • Silky smooth eyebrow pencil fills in, defines and shapes brows to perfection.
  • Ultra-fine tip lightly deposits pigments, mimicking actual brow hair for a natural look that highlights the sparkle of your eyes.
  • For natural looking brows, apply liner with precise and short strokes, following the natural growth of your brows
My impression:

The color is pretty good. It lasts throughout the day just like my Clarins did so I'm happy. I was afraid it might be too dark since my Clarins eye brow liner color was "lightest" brown and yet this one was "black brown," but they actually turned out to be very similar in color once drawn on my eyebrows.


It's pretty creamy so it's easy to put on and smooth out. It's also easy to rub off with your fingers if you've made a mistake or colored too much in. The brush at the back of the pen is quite sturdy, which is good, because my Clarins one broke off after awhile and I had to manually hold on to that small brush against my eyebrows -_-

I bought this on eBay for $5 and I think refills are at $4.

They're also available in 5 other colors: Gray brown, brown, dark gray, gray, black. I might give the gray brown one a try next time just for fun since they're not that expensive.

[Edit Jan. 13 2013]: I actually ended up trying out the #5 Gray one. You can read my review here.

Summary:

Creamy, lasts all day, easy to blend
Sturdy brush at the back
$5 on eBay

Grade: 5/5 because it's creamy, easy to blend, lasts all day, and has a sturdy brush 

Value: 5/5 because it's $5 and $4 for refills

Repurchase? Yes, I'll be buying the refill after I run out of this one

No comments:

Post a Comment