Monday, January 14, 2013

Review: Etude House Collagen Moistfull Cream


Oops! As you can see in the photo, I only remembered that I didn't take a photo after I used it.. This was a complimentary sample from one of my internet purchases (too many, forgot which one already -_-). I've already tried the Etude House Collagen Moistful Enriched Cream at night so this time I tried using this cream during the day.

Description (taken from eBay.com):
  • Concentrated baobab tree and collagen content for advanced moisturizing and tightening
  • Supplies noticeably tightened sensation and results
  • Baobab tree and collagen combination improves dermal structure and moisture retention
  • Apply cream to all areas of the face. Gently massage into skin
My impression:

For collagen products, I've so far tried Etude House Collagen Moistful Enriched CreamSkinfood Gold Caviar Collagen Serum and Cream. All three have been average. They moisturized but they didn't wow me.

This is just a one-time use sample so I did not expect any changes to the firming of my skin. However, I was trying to see if this cream was compatible for my oily/combination skin. Just like the enriched cream, it's not very rich so it glides on my face easily and it doesn't feel like I'm suffocating my pores. The cream was light and I felt comfortable throughout the day.

I purposely didn't use a primer to so I could properly judge the oil production. Fortunately I didn't get any red bumps on my nose like I did with Etude House Collagen Moistful Enriched Cream. I would say oil production is probably less than when I use my usual day cream, Missha Super Aqua Cell Renew Snail Cream. Which is why I need to put Etude House Goodbye Pore Ever Pore Primer Essence on during the day! But Missha's snail cream is richer than this cream. I would say the oil production I got from this moistfull cream was around the same as I get from usual day lotions.

My face was sufficiently moisturized and there was that dewy effect that a lot of girls like. I'm more of a matte person (because I get super paranoid that my face is going to get dirty and break out when its dewy) but for those who like dewy effects, this cream has it. Like the Enriched Cream though, no effects of my skin tone. The little bumps were there, the red spots were there and my unhealthy skin color was not brightened unlike when I use Missha Super Aqua Cell Renew Snail Cream in the morning.

This cream doesn't do much other than moisturize and perhaps firm my skin (which I won't really know since my skin hasn't started to sag yet). Since it doesn't help "lift" my face in the morning like Missha Super Aqua Cell Renew Snail Cream does, I won't be buying this one.

[Edit Feb. 4 2013]: For those who are interested in collagen creams, I just tried It's Skin Power 10 Formula CO Effector with Phyto Collagen and it has given me impressive results. It's hydrating but also helps brighten my skin making it vibrant the next day. Maybe worth a try if you can get a sample somewhere!

Summary:

No breakouts, feels comfortable on my face
Moisturizes well, can't judge firming effect in a one-time use sample
Didn't even the little bumps on my skin, calm the redness..didn't give me face a "lift"
$17 for set of 60ml cream and 20ml first essence on eBay

Grade: 3.5/5 because it's moisturizing (and maybe firming) but that's about it! No breakouts though so I gave this one a higher mark than the Enriched Cream.

Value: 4/5 because it's a pretty cheap collagen cream compared to Skinfood Gold Caviar Collagen Cream

Repurchase? No, I think I'm going to keep trying other collagen creams first before going back to this one

2 comments:

  1. Shame that it wasn't that good, but then again, like you said, it was just a small sample...
    I've been thinking about getting this for some time now, but I'm thinking of trying something else now. :p

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah I really want to add a collagen cream to my routine because I think I'll be needing it soon but so far no luck, especially with this line!
      Let me know if you run into something good ;)

      Delete