Saturday, January 26, 2013

Review: Missha Dong Baek Gold Shampoo



Excuse the bad photo with my stuffed animal in the background..forgot to take a proper photo before I ripped it open. I got this as a complimentary sample. Didn't know Missha had hair products, but not surprised since Korean cosmetic brands seem to have a product for any part of your body. Dong Baek means camellia according to Missha's US website. According to wiki, camellia oil is commonly used in hair care. In Japan, high grade Japanese camellia oil is called tsubaki oil. I guess that's where the Shiseido Tsubaki comes from.

Description (taken from misshaus.com):

  • For your severely damaged hair due to frequent dyeing, perm and environmental factors and no longer caring with normal shampoo!
  • Rich and soft lather perfectly cleanses dust, wastes and residues of styling product on hair and scalp.
  • Highly pure natural Camellia Oil of high hair sustainability and Hair Filler Complex(HFC) strengthen root of hair and provide nutrients to reconstruct damaged hair tissue. 
  • High technology of unheated refining method without additives(acquired international patent) makes preservation of moisture increased and trans fat down to zero reducing loss of active ingredients of 100% pure natural Camellia Oil.

My impression:

Here we go again with the patent thing. From my experience, patents don't mean much for me, like with the Skinfood Omija Whitening Serum and Cream. My hair is a dry frizzball. I've been using Japanese shampoo, conditioner and hair treatments like Shiseido Tsubaki and Asience for the past 6-7 years now but lately it's been getting drier, perhaps because of my age? So I've been interested in trying Korean shampoos. So far I've tried Etude House Silk Scarf Shampoo and Conditioner, which didn't do much, and Skinfood Citron Scalp Hair Shampoo, which along with Etude House Silk Scarf Repair Hair Essence or Skinfood Extra Virgin Olive Essence has made my hair fairly smooth and I've been using it since.

I didn't use conditioner so I could see how effective this product was. Unfortunately, it didn't do much for me. I'd say it was around the same as Etude House Silk Scarf Shampoo and Conditioner or my previous Japanese shampoo & conditioners. I didn't feel that my hair was smoother, nor softer, nor behaving better. Perhaps if I used it with conditioner it would have been better, but since Skinfood Citron Scalp Hair Shampoo gives me pretty good results just with the shampoo itself, I won't bother trying.

Summary:

Didn't do anything for my hair
Pretty expensive and not worth the effort of getting it online
$17 for 500ml on Missha US site

Grade: 2.5/5 because it didn't do much..but it passes because it didn't damage my hair

Value: 1.5/5 because it's pretty expensive and shipping isn't included in the Missha US site

Repurchase? Nope

No comments:

Post a Comment