Tuesday, January 1, 2013

Review: Skin79 BB Cleanser

Happy New Year! I hope everyone has a great 2013 :)


Christmas holidays, with dress-up dinner parties, are one of the few times where I put foundation on. I've had this sample for awhile now...but I never used my BB cream foundation until this winter holiday. And what better chance to try out this sample than now.

Description (from the sample itself):

  • With its microscopic bubble particles delivering oxygen to the skin, the Bubble Cleanser customized for BB cream users allows deep cleansing of the skin, removing any dead skin cells and makeup residues without skin irritation.
  • Apply and spread over the face except the areas around the eyes and the mouth. In one or two minutes, when there [are] enough air cells, massage the face softly and then sufficiently rinse in a little warm water
My impression:

First, on a side-note, let me start off by saying that I don't put a lot of makeup on. I put the most around my eyes, which I remove using Skinfood Milk Shake Point Makeup Remover. The only BB cream product on my face that day was the Missha BB mineral foundation. Under it was the Etude House Goodbye Pore Ever primer and Missha Super Aqua Cell Renew Snail Cream. I also had Skinfood Salmon Brightening Concealer for my black undereye circles.

At first when I saw how puffed up this sample was I thought to myself, oh boy, this must have bubbled up inside and is a defective product. But when I squeezed it out, it was a proper gel-like texture and it seems like the stuff inside was just air. So I spread it on my face and waited two minutes...but there were no bubbles. I've tried so far 2 products that "bubble up" once applied onto your face. First one is The Saem Gem Miracle Black Pearl Oxygen Bubble Mask, which foamed up to the point where it covered my nostrils and I couldn't breathe properly without clearing it. Second one is Missha Super Aqua Oxygen Micro Essence Peeling Gel, which had very minuscule bubbles but were still visible. This one.. I couldn't see any bubbles at all. So I'm not sure if the puffed up something and having air inside has something to do with this.

Regardless, I massaged my face after 2 minutes and then rinsed my face. I didn't wash my face with anything else, put on my Etude House Wonder Pore Freshner toner and Missha Super Aqua Cell Renew Snail Cream and Sleeping Mask. The next more when I woke up there were no clogged pores. I interpret this as this product did successfully clear out all the BB mineral foundation, concealer, and creams that I had on my face in one step.

I think this is a pretty good product as it clears everything on my face in one step. However, I only had light makeup on so I can't say if it will be as effective if I had, for example, two layers of BB creams along with mineral foundation on my face.

Summary:

Effective as a one-step cleanser to remove makeup and clean face (for light makeup anyway)
Did not see any "air cells" on my face so not sure if my sample wasn't working...
$12 for 100ml on eBay

Grade: 4.5/5 because it took off everything in one step BUT please keep in mind that I had very light foundation on

Value: 4.5/5 because 100ml is not a lot but I guess since you don't have to use your usual cleanser afterwards it's not a bad deal

Repurchase? No, but not because it's not effective, but just because I don't really put on BB cream often, so I don't have much need for it

No comments:

Post a Comment