Wednesday, January 2, 2013

Review: TonyMoly Clean Drew Broccoli Sprout Cleansing Cream



This is a cleansing cream for removing makeup. I haven't had a chance to use this cleansing cream until now because I haven't been putting foundation on my face (I usually only put on eye makeup which I remove with Skinfood Milk Shake Point Makeup Remover) until Christmas holidays and all those Christmas dinner parties!

Description (from bbcreamboutique and eng.tonymoly.com):
  • What is Broccoli Sprout? This fresh and green sprout delivers 'full of spring' vitality and is very rich in various nutrients including Vitamin A, Vitamin C and minerals.
  • This fresh cleansing cream removes impurities and makeup as it contains the broccoli sprout super food.
  • The young broccoli cleansing cream makes the skin healthy and revitalized. Super foods such as the blueberry, tomato and young broccoli provides super energies. AHA makes the skin smooth and glossy while removing dead skin cells and impurities from the skin. Also contains young green tea and lavender to energize the tired skin and provide a comfortable and relaxing cleansing process.
  • Dispense 2cm diameter size amount, gently massage the entire face and wipe out, and cleanse with foam cleanser.
My impression:

The description of this product from the official TonyMoly site looks like it was directly copied and pasted off google translator or something. But the instructions looked okay so I pasted their instructions.

As I mentioned in my previous post, while reading this review, please keep in mind that I don't put a lot of makeup on. I put the most around my eyes, which I remove using Skinfood Milk Shake Point Makeup Remover. The only foundation product on my face that day was the Missha BB mineral foundation. Under it was the Etude House Goodbye Pore Ever primer and Missha Super Aqua Cell Renew Snail Cream. I also had Skinfood Salmon Brightening Concealer for my black undereye circles.

Right before I used this, I only looked at cosmetic-love's instructions for this product, which only said, "Apply on face with dry hands and massage gently." So I ended up using this as a one-step cleanser just like the Skin79 BB Cleanser, as in I wet my face, massaged the cleansing cream on my face and then rinsed it out. But from the official site, it seems that I'm supposed to actually wipe it out and then cleanse with foam cleanser. I didn't follow up with foam cleanser. So I used it incorrectly...but on the bright side, it didn't break me out! No clogged pores or red bumps the next day...and I have oily/combination skin. I interpret these results as that this product cleanses pretty effectively. When I used the Dermatologica cleansing oil (because I read somewhere cleansing OIL is also okay for people with OILY skin -_-).. I would consistently have clogged pores the next day that leads to at least one pimple.

[Edit Jan. 3, 2013]: I have a very slowly growing, small bump right on top of my upper lip. At first it wasn't red at all so I barely noticed it..but now it's becoming red and painful. So I was wrong. You definitely need to use a cleanser afterwards. 

It also left my face very smooth. I guess that's why this is called a cleansing "cream." So for those with dry skin, this is definitely a product to consider. And it cleans pretty well by itself as proven by my mistake of not using a cleanser afterwards.

Compared to the Skin79 BB Cleanser, this is less convenient because you have to use another cleanser afterwards, whereas the Skin79 BB Cleanser does everything in one step. However, for those who want to keep using their cleansers that have a specific function (e.g. pore minimizing, exfoliation, whitening, wrinkle care) like me, this may be a better choice because it gives that flexibility.

Summary:

Requires another cleansing step afterwards
Cleaned my face pretty effectively even just by itself
Left my face very moisturized
$13 for 200ml on eBay

Grade: 4/5 because even though I didn't use a cleanser afterwards, I still didn't break out the next day! (read edit above) 1 point off for the inconvenience of having to use cleanser afterwards

Value: 4.5/5 because $13 for 200ml is pretty cheap

Repurchase? Since I rarely put foundation on, I might buy this just for the occasional use since it's pretty cheap and I can continue using my cleansers that have been working for me (pore minimizing with Skinfood Egg White Pore Foam in the morning and exfoliation with Skinfood Black Sugar Scrub Foam at night)

No comments:

Post a Comment