Saturday, September 8, 2012

Review: Missha Super Aqua Cell Renew Snail Essential Moisturizer


I bought this when I went to Korea and didn't try it until I got back. I also bought the Missha Super Aqua Cell Renew Snail Sleeping Mask that I am still using with good results.

Description (taken from sasa.com):
  • Missha Super Aqua Cell Renew Snail Essential Moisturizer is enriched with Snail Slime Extract 40% and Botanical Stem Cell Extract. These ingredients can brighten up your skin. 
  • The Baobab Extract 2% can soften your skin, leaving your skin feel sleek and supple. Wonderfully moisturized, deeply nourished and plumped, skin emerges infinitely regenerated. Your skin can be renewed, refined, resilient and radiant upon using it. 
  • Apply it all over your face after cleansing and toning. 
My impression:

I will keep this short because I've already written about the benefits of the snail mucin in both my Missha Super Aqua Cell Renew Snail Sleeping Mask review and my Missha Super Aqua Cell Renew Snail Cream review. This is just different in that it is a moisturizer and that it contains 40% snail extract mucin, whereas the sleeping mask contains 15% and the cream contains 70%.

What I really wanted to say in this post is for those who are using a snail product for the first time and had an allergic reaction or broke out, DO NOT give up yet! I had an allergic reaction to this moisturizer. Whenever I put it on, I would have red dots all over my chin and lower cheeks that would rise to become small bumps in 2-3 minutes. However, I didn't have any allergic reaction to the sleeping mask and cream. In fact, I've been using the sleeping mask for almost a month now and I've used the cream for a bit over 2 weeks. I personally think snail mucin has done a lot for my skin so don't let an allergic reaction scare you away from using this.



Summary:

More occlusive and oily than the cream
Not for oily skin
Got an allergic reaction :(
$29.99 for 130ml on missha.ca

Quality: 3.5/5 because despite the allergy, I could see it working on my skin (as in calming the redness, evening my skin tone etc. that I wrote about in my two snail posts) but it feels more like a cream than a moisturizer and my skin felt a bit suffocated when putting this on

Value: 3/5 because for that price it only contains 40% mucin

Repurchase? No, even if I didn't have the allergic reaction. I rather use the cream

4 comments:

  1. I have the same experience, i thought the Missha Super Aqua Cell Renew Snail Essential Moisturizer is not fit for my skin and THANKS to you, u said in your blog that i should not GIVE UP or US!, well same effect a little red dots, i was only use this because it cause me a lot and then i found out that there's a little difference from my old skin to present. ;)(

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Good to know that you didn't give up and that it has helped your skin! :D Yeah Missha's snail products have its disadvantages for me but I can't ignore the difference it has made to my face.

      Delete
  2. So I understand that the skint treatment and the moisturizer are most likely for age of mid 20 to 40s. Is it the same as well for the creme ??

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi there~ I would imagine that the whole line is for those in mid 20 to 40s, so that would make the cream for that age range too. I'm using the cream now and I'm in that age range. Hope that helps!

      Delete