I also got this as a sample when I bought TonyMoly Snail Eye Masks in Korea. I've tried the TonyMoly Floria Whitening Sheet Mask from the same line, which actually had impressive overnight results. It's the weekend so I had the opportunity to try this essence as well.
- Pearl Powder Enriched amino acid, natural minerals diminish the appearance of dark spots, freckles to prolong resilient skin and be against skin aging
- Evening primrose oil Highly moisturize skin, leave skin soft and moisture with forming a protective layer on skin.
- White Flower Complex A cosmetic complex from petals with concentrated vitamin delivers potent antioxidant benefits. (cherry blossoms, rape blossom, dandelion chrysanthemum, pansy)
- Suitable for women in their 20~30s, for all skin type, for immediate whitening and moisturizing. White flower and natural pearls’ whitening, moisturizing properties offer clear glowing white watery skin. Special whitening line includes patented ingredient, Kombucha, and water lily extract with antioxidant properties to bring back healthy, clear skin.
- Apply after toner and emulsion
I put this on right after cleansing with Skinfood Egg White Pore Foam and using Etude House Wonder Pore Freshner toner. I usually put Missha Super Aqua Cell Renew Sleeping Mask on before I sleep but I didn't tonight so I can see the effects of this essence only. Its consistency was very thin, in between toner and emulsion. It was a clear liquid with white specks dispersed throughout, but those were not seen once I massaged the essence in my face. As a result, it felt very light-weight on my skin, just a tinge bit sticky. To compare, Skinfood Platinum Grape Cell Essence, which is also an essence, is much thicker and oilier. As a result, I could only wear that at night. With this essence, I feel that one can wear this during the day as well.
Since this is just a one-time sample, I can only comment on its overnight effects on my face and how it was or was not compatible with my oily/combination face. Since it was light-weight, I had no problems spreading and massaging it on my face. It wasn't too sticky and when I woke up the morning after, it was all absorbed. For people with dry skin though, I don't think this will be moisturizing enough so you will need a cream.
There were two strange things though, and I'm not sure if it's just my skin and hormones being weird or if it's because of the essence, but I thought I'd write it out anyways in case anyone has also experienced the same thing. My t-zone , strangely enough, was quite shiny. When I touched it, it didn't have the texture of oil but of the essence. Usually my t-zone is the fastest in absorption when it comes to my masks, so I was quite surprised. Also, my pores looked a bit bigger than usual.
Unfortunately, I didn't experience much overnight whitening effects on my face, compared to HadaLabo Shirojyun Arbutin Whitening Essence.
Light-weight, can use day or night
Quickly absorbed, did not break me out
No overnight whitening effect
$17 for 50ml on eBay
Grade: 3/5 because I didn't feel any overnight effects like I did with HadaLabo Shirojyun Arbutin Whitening Essence but it wasn't oily and didn't break me out
Value: 3.5/5 because it's not too expensive and may be worth a try
Repurchase? No, I have other whitening products that have worked better for me