Sunday, September 2, 2012

Review: Skinfood Royal Honey Eye Cream (Anti-Wrinkle Effect) sample




As if dark circles that can pass for eyeshadow and puffiness isn't enough for my eyes.. I have fine lines/wrinkles right under them too. I think these are still mostly due to dry skin and with proper moisture, these lines go away significantly. But that only happens when I literally slab on layer after layer of eye cream right before I sleep...which is not economically sustainable and not possible to do in the daytime. I got one sample of this royal honey eye cream which lasts 5-6 generous applications.

[Edit Oct 22 2012]: I have since tried more anti-wrinkle eye creams. For those reviews, here are my reviews for Skinfood Gold Caviar Double Collagen Eye Serum, which is my favorite anti-aging eye cream so far, but it was so-so for the fine lines under my eyes but pretty good for the firming of my under eye area, Skinfood Platinum Grape Cell Eye Cream, which was also so-so for the fine lines but didn't firm my under eye area, and Skinfood Black Raspberry Eye Cream, which didn't do anything and had an awful smell.


Description (taken from eng.theskinfood.com):
  • A treatment eye cream with royal black honey and royal jelly extracts that moisturizes and adds a nice honey glow to delicate skin around the eyes
  • Royal Black Honey is natural raw black honey from South Asian forests, one of the UNESCO World Heritage sites. Royal Black Honey enriches with a myriad of nutrients that are amazingly good for the skin.
  • After toner application, apply around the eyes with gentle strokes.
My impression:

I'll keep this short because it just didn't work for me. I didn't see much of an anti-wrinkle effect. It helped smooth out my fine lines if I slab this on generously but that effect doesn't last very long. The only thing I liked about it is that it had a thicker consistency than the Skinfood Gold Caviar Eye Serum and didn't leave a shiny cast after application. But in terms of an effect on fine lines I found that the gold caviar eye serum was more effective.

Summary:

Not moisturizing enough for my eyes
Anti-wrinkle effect evident only if you apply generous layers on fine lines and probably would be less effective on wrinkles
Absorbs well doesn't look like a a shiny layer of oil under your eyes.
$20 for 30ml on eBay

Grade: 2.5/5 because I don't feel that it's any more moisturizing than other honey/butter eye creams of other brands

Value: 3/5 because $20 for 30ml is pretty good and may be moisturizing enough for people who don't have eyes as dry as mine

Repurchase? No. This wasn't moisturizing enough for me and didn't do much for my fine lines/wrinkles.

No comments:

Post a Comment