Monday, September 3, 2012

Review: Skinfood Egg White Pore Mask



One of my main concerns for my skin are my huge pore mines. My breakouts are usually from the areas where my large pores are, and just having those huge dark holes on your skin is a bit unsightly. I've tried pore refiners from Shiseido, Clinique but those never really did much for me. I tried Skinfood's Peach Sake Pore Serum a few years ago too and I wasn't that amazed by it either. I knew egg white is often associated with dealing with pore problems, so I decided to buy this when I saw it in Korea.

Description (taken from eng.theskinfood.com):
  • A pore-refining cleanser with egg white extract that penetrates deeply into pores to remove pore-clogging oil.
  • Egg white, enriched with albumin, promotes firmer skin and smaller pores.
  • After cleansing, apply to the face except the eye and mouth area. Wash off with lukewarm water in 10 ~ 15 minutes.           

My impression:

After cleansing, I use a hot moist towel to open up my pores before I put the mask on. I put it on pretty generously (lesson learned from using Origins Active Charcoal mask where putting it on generously resulted in a much brighter and smoother face than putting it on scarcely) and leave it on for at least 15 minutes, sometimes even longer since I'm doing other stuff anyways.

This is the only product that I've ever tried where after using it, I can actually see my pores get smaller. My face does feel smoother, moisturized, calmer etc. but I often find that the case when using these Korean skincare masks. Not saying that's bad, but it's not something that would stand out for me. This mask, however, visibly reduces the size of my pores. Unfortunately, it's obviously not something that lasts forever, and I find the effect going away in a day. But at least it's something!

For my blackheads though, I feel that the Origins Active Charcoal mask does a better job. That's why it seems to me that Origins does a better job at clearing the impurities from the pores, but Skinfood's Egg White Pore Mask does a better job at firming and decreasing the size of my pores. So I use them both throughout the week (sometimes one right after another if it's going to be a busy week)!

It's a jar so not very hygienic for a mask but I use a spatula to keep things clean whenever the product is in the form of a jar.

Summary:

The only mask/cream/pore skincare product that I've used that visibly reduces my pores
Doesn't clear my blackheads as great as Origins Active Charcoal Mask
$10 for 100g

Quality: 4.5/5 because I can actually see my pores get smaller BUT the effect doesn't last that long

Value: 4.5/5 because there's quite a bit in that jar and it's pretty inexpensive for something that actually visibly reduces my pores.

Repurchase? Yes!

No comments:

Post a Comment